2017年10月25日 星期三

3 Steps of Learning a Foreign Language- SMART Mandarin



3 Steps of Learning a Foreign Language

Have you ever wonder why is it so hard to learn a new language?
Are there any tips or shortcuts of learning it?

Well…you’ve probably known the cliché which we all have been told “Practice makes perfect!”. Well.. There’s a reason why it’s a cliché because it works!

For me, I would say Practice makes perfect, and consistency is the key.
To practice and use a new foreign language, it requires lots of effort, time, practices, and passion and on top of that – consistency makes you improve the most!

Of course, we need some guidance and steps to move forward little by little. And here are simple 3 steps of learning a new language from my point of view!


One: Learning & Absorbing

Yes, this is a first baby step when you start learning anything! You just have to attend a class, learn from a good, experienced, patience, and probably a fun-loving teacher to motivate you to learn.
Make sure you understand the lesson and really absorb the basic rules, logic of the language since there might be a huge difference between your mother tongue and the language you’re learning.


Two: Digesting, Reviewing, and Remembering what you’ve learned!

The step 2 is mainly your work at home after class.
This is what I always tell my students “Please REVIEW after each lesson, please!” You can’t remember all the things without doing some review. It’s very important without saying of course.
Make sure you understand and learned what you have taught in the class.


Three: Practicing

If you have any experience of learning a new foreign language, you know that learning a language and using it are two different things!!

Say for example: While I’m learning German, I feel that I can understand more by reading, and when I close my book only using my ears to listen to German, it feels totally different!!! I have to understand what a native speaker says immediately, and to respond as soon as I can!!  

The more you listen, the better you can understand what people say. The more you practice your speaking, the faster you respond to people and faster you can find the correct vocabulary, sentence structures in your speaking.

These steps are the standard SOP of learning any new foreign languages. They are all very important and you have to do it consistently no matter what!!!
Keep studying hard with PASSION. 加油(Jiayou)!!

- online Chinese audio & video lessons
- Skype Chinese lesson

Contact :
smartmandarinchinese@gmail.com
(Katrina Lee)


Katrina Lee

沒有留言:

張貼留言