2019年9月7日 星期六

HOW TO LEARN FOREIGN LANGUAGE ONLINE

HOW TO LEARN FOREIGN LANGUAGE ONLINE


I know that I've asked the same question a while ago. And I've seen most of the answers are "watching online video lessons" and "using free resources"...etc.. 👍 (You can join my SMART MANDARIN support community to see this post as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/smart...) Now I would like to share my own experiences studying on my own with online resources. 😀 To me, getting a good start is important, I always make sure that I find the right teacher and right resources online. So I did a lot of searching before I begin. When I started learning German for example. I was searching videos on YouTube then I found two teachers online who both offer online courses for total beginners. I purchased a course from a Taiwanese teacher ( He teaches German, he explains things in depth). Then I studied with his course for almost 2 years. (A1-B1 Grammar and Pronunciation Courses) It's not easy, but I know if I can't understand the rules of a language, I will have A LOT OF TROUBLE in the future understanding many things, and I will certain NEVER IMPROVE. After 1 year studying grammar, I realized that this teacher isn't good at teaching daily life conversation, but he's very good at teaching rules. Then I started searching online looking for an online tutor practicing my speaking about twice a month. I don't really have much time. So I only book the teacher twice a month or when I feel I want to speak German. And at the same time, I bought a few conversation books with CD + watching many German speaking videos on YouTube so I can train my listening whenever I want and it works really well. 👍👍 I'm glad that I have a solid start with a right teacher and a right course. Even that Taiwanese teacher is really not good at teaching conversation and listening, but he gave me a good foundation of German structure. So it's so much easier for me to understand and learn new sentences because I know that grammar already, I just need to remember how to use it and practice practice practice!! I mean...no teacher is perfect and suitable for everyone I guess..but as a responsible student, I need to know what I need, what I want and DO MY DILIGENT !!! 🙂👍 This learning journey really did inspire me of my online teaching career and the way I teach my student online. I totally understand the lost and confusion when you don't have a good guidance to follow. 😊 So here is my online learning experiences. I never attend any language centers when I was learning English or German. I think learning on my own with online courses and resources suits me the best so it must also work the same with some students around the world. If you are someone who is also like me, who doesn't like tests, doesn't like learning with other people when you are not ready, someone who likes to study with flexibility and at the comfort at your home, then I think you can take my experiences as your reference 😊😊👍 Feel free to share me your experiences ! :) Katrina 🙂😀👍


沒有留言:

張貼留言