2013年8月15日 星期四

Chinese Questions?? Ask Katrina Lee !! :)



Dear All

If you have any Chinese questions, you are WELCOME to ask me for FREE of course!!!

And today I got a question from our FB page, it says "What is the best way to learn pinyin and bpmf?"

And here is my Answer :)

Here is my suggestion : Usually I'll ask my students to learn pinyin first, this is for 2 reasons 1. pinyin symbles are from English alphabets ABC, so it will be easier to help beginner learners to learn/remember the sounds of Chinese. If the student insists learning ㄅㄆㄇㄈ, it will be tougher for them in the very beginning, coz not only they have to learn the new sounds of Chinese, but also they need to memorize all these new symbles at once! My suggestion is, once you are familiar with the sounds of Chinese by studying pinyin system, then you can start considering learning ㄅㄆㄇㄈ. 2. As we all know that China is a bigger market than Taiwan, and China uses pinyin, so this is also the main reason we need to learn pinyin first!

As to "what's the best way to learn pinyin" here is my idea : If I were a foreigner, I would NOT learn pinyin table first, Instead, I'll learn some survial vocabs first! Why? For example, if you learn the vocab (ni3 hao3) in pinyin,(I'm sure there are lots of youtube videos to help you learn some Chinese vocabs.) So you will notice that the sound in Chinese (ni3 hao3) is actually not difficult to acquire, then you learn other vocabs such as (lao3 shi1) and more..... Slowly, you will relize that the word "hao3" (means good) and the word "lao3" (means old) they are sharing the same final/ending sound which is "ao". Then gradually your brain will recognize certain sounds.

So when you offically learn pinyin table, it will be easier for you, coz the sounds in pinyin table are not new to u, they are the "familiar sounds" which you learned before from Chinese vocabs. Then you will learn pinyin faster




沒有留言:

張貼留言